Situated on the hill right outside St. Leonard's Mansion, the Extreme Team Challenge doesn't quite fit in with DUPLO Land's theme, and it would probably have made more sense to consider it part of the Imagination Theatre. However, this is only a minor quibble on what is a very fun (and wet!) ride.
What is it?
- A rubber-dingy flume ride
- Opened May 1999
- 2 guests per boat (no single riders allowed)
- Q-Bot reservations available
What does it do?
Guests board the dingys in pairs at the top of the hill. On the cue of a green light, signifying that the flumes are clear, the operator pushes a pair of buttons to raise the platforms on which the dingys are sitting, and tip the boats and their passengers into the flume. It's then a race between the yellow and blue flume as to who can get to the bottom first. Regardless of the outcome, all four riders are guaranteed to be soaked through to the bone!
- Must be a minimum of 0.9m to ride
- Guests under 1.3m tall must be accompanied by an adult
- Must be two guests per boat
- Not recommended for guests with: back or neck complaints; heart conditions; high blood pressure; broken limbs; pregnant guests.
This ride easily wins the 'wettest ride in park' category - you will get absolutely soaked if you ride this! If that doesn't bother you, then this ride is fast, exhilarating and generally excellent. Queues can be fairly long for this one, so Q-Bot guests should definitely utilise this system. Q-Bot-nots: aim to enter the queue-line 20 or so minutes before closing, when very few people will be doing the same.