The Spinning Spider, perhaps a little strangely, has a certain charm about it. It has been around since the dawn of LEGOLAND Windsor, and was originally considered part of the Wild Woods (now Pirates Landing). When Land of the Vikings was built right behind it, however, it 'changed ownership', so to speak, to the new land, however the ride itself remained unchanged.
What is it?
- A spinning teacups ride with a log / spider theming
- Opened March 1996
- Six riders per 'log', 18 logs = a massive 106 guests per run!
- Q-Bot reservations available
What does it do?
It's a standard spinning teacups ride, consisting of three turntables each with five logs mounted on a fourth, larger turntable. On starting, each turntable rotates independently of the main turntable. It is also possible to turn your individual log using the wheel in the centre. The net result is that you're orbiting around two and possibly three different axis, and feeling fairly dizzy because of it!
- Must be a minimum of 0.9m tall to ride
- Guests under 1.3m tall must be accompanied by an adult
- Upper and/or lower body control is needed
- Not recommended for guests with: back or neck complaints; heart conditions; high blood pressure; broken limbs; pregnant guests.
Definitely one to ride. The ride accommodates up to 106 guests per run, and as such has a massive throughput, so even if the queue seems large, you won't be waiting for long. Don't, however, ride if you've just eaten!